The Pardot is a competent product from Salesforce used for capturing and nurturing the leads and automating marketing activities. As opposed to the conventional tools, Pardot comes with highly advanced capabilities to facilitate targeted actions, offer personalized customer experiences, and communicate effectively through targeted email communication that satisfies the intents of prospects.
There are different ways to customize the Pardot as per the specific needs of a business. The globally distributed team of Salesforce Pardot Partners can work hand in hand with the end client to identify their specific requirements. They can interact with different in-house stakeholders in real-time. It allows them to provide personalized Salesforce Pardot Implementation Services to meet specific long/short term business goals.
In this article, we will mention the best practices for setting Up Salesforce Pardot to get the best value out of it.
12 Steps For Pardot Setup Implementation
1. Involvement of the Team
To ideally set up the Pardot in Salesforce you need a keen involvement of the in-house team of IT, sales, and marketing department along with relevant departments like the support team.
2. Technical Tasks Setup
The technical setup process of Salesforce Pardot is divided into 4 different steps. A Proper understanding of these steps will help you to gain the best outcome from Salesforce Pardot Services:
Tracking Code Implementation
Every individual Pardot campaign comes with an inbuilt distinct tracking code. After being added to the webpage this code monitors different visitors and tracks their activity.
Tracker Domain Adding
To rewrite the links and facilitate personalized URLs the users can incorporate a unique tracker domain into their account through CNAME records.
Authenticating DKIM and SPF Email
To enhance the deliverability of Pardot the users need to apply email authentication. Pardot offers the two popularly used email standards i.e., DKIM and SPF.
Pardot Sending IP Address
Pardot supports real-time viewing and monitoring of IP whitelisting requests for admin users. It is achieved by sifting through Account Information to track the final IP address.
3. Adding Users in Salesforce Pardot
Admins can create users in two different ways. They can manually import the users to the system through the standard process or can directly use Salesforce User Sync for automated syncing.
4. Salesforce-Pardot Integration
For integrating Pardot with Salesforce the Salesforce-Pardot connector syncs can be used. It seamlessly orchestrates prospect/opportunity data between the two platforms, i.e., Salesforce CRM and Pardot. One needs Professional Edition versions of Salesforce for syncing Pardot. For more personalized integration, you can also hire Salesforce Pardot Partners.
Read how our client has increased sales and customer engagement with the Implementation of Pardot
5. Salesforce Engage SetUp
You need to set up a competent team to practice result-oriented sales strategies for speeding up the sales process and increase the overall sales volume. Salesforce Engage offers reliable digital capabilities for improving business sales by increasing productivity.
6. Marketing Analytics Setup
B2B Marketing Analytics comprises Pardot and Salesforce data which is filled with a Salesforce connector. It provides robust analytics capabilities to help businesses gain a solid grip over the changing market scenario.
The users can go for tool configuration after completing the Salesforce connector configuration.
7. Creating Marketing Assets
Marketing assets empower businesses to generate more leads, increase client engagement and utilize a solid tracking system to deliver a personalized customer experience. Pardot facilitates this through its four different marketing assets :
- Forms: Built with form builder/form handler the Pardot-hosted forms support seamless integration with present digital forms of users’ websites. The users can either integrate the forms with form handles or can substitute the existing forms with Pardot hosted forms.
- Email templates: Pardot employs email templates for engagement programs. list emails and autoresponders. At the time of system setup, you first need to select the desired email templates for creating/integrating into Pardot.
- Center pages: The clients need to design dedicated pages for email preference and unsubscribing center. The page follows a similar layout to the existing webpage.
- Landing pages: You need to determine the ideal landing pages that need to be hosted on the Pardot. You also get Pardot-hosted landing pages that can be created either through HTML coding or digital drag-and-drop builder.
8. Pardot Hosting Files Setup
Salesforce Pardot is equipped with the required capabilities and features to host various types/formats of content like white papers and datasheets. Upon being downloaded, the Pardot hosted file is displayed in users’ activities which facilitate activities-based automation. It ensures better accuracy for businesses. It is also possible to host image contents to enable its usage in Pardot email templates and Landing pages. In case of any technical issues, you can take practical assistance from qualified Salesforce Pardot Implementation Partners.
9. User Segmentation
Enterprises may choose to either send to or skip the leads and users from Pardot engagement programs/email lists. Businesses can decide if they want to keep the lists private, meant only for internal use or want to make them public and keep a provision of email preference page that provides users control over their subscription management. They can import the lists through CSV which is created in two ways- manually building the lists or dynamically creating them with the help of defined rules. There is also an optional provision for adding the list to the CRM allowing users to add/remove the leads depending upon the current status and other related factors.
Different ways for adding customers on the lists
There are two types of lists namely static lists and dynamic lists.
- Dynamic List Creation: The dynamic rule-based lists have automated provision for adding those clients that fit the specified criteria and removing them when they no longer satisfy the criteria.
- Static List Creation: Here the list refers to a set of clients or leads to whom the enterprises can send their engagement communication. The enterprises can either manually add the clients to static lists or opt for automated ways to add them to make the process easier and quicker.
10. Automation Tools Setup
The automation tools of Pardot simplify, speed up and streamline things. Along with creating a criteria-based list of customers these tools are also used to execute other customer-related tasks. These repeatable rules are based on specified criteria that look for corresponding prospects and execute the defined actions. The users first need to evaluate their requirements and then configure the automation tool accordingly to extract the maximum outcome.
Don’t forget to read our case study on Marketo to Pardot Migration
11. Customer Assignments Automation
It first evaluates the consumers’ data and actions and accordingly automates different customer assignments.
- Completion Actions: The completion action allocates users according to specific actions like submitting a form, viewing pages, redirect links, or downloading a specific file.
- Automation Rules: In the automation rule the customers are assigned according to the criteria. The rule-only option considers only those clients who haven’t been assigned at the point of criteria-matching.
12. Setting and Adding Connectors
For syncing Pardot with Webinar, Google AdWords, or other external applications you would need to set and add connectors. At the time of processing the data travels between the two applications, i.e., Pardot and the external application with which it is being synced. The Pardot connectors facilitate the management of disparate channels of marketing that streamlines things.
Salesforce Pardot is a feature-rich platform for automating marketing activities and nurturing leads. Cyntexa is a highly competent Salesforce Pardot Implementation Partner that offers reliable Salesforce Pardot Services customized to the specific needs of the customers. Staffed with seasoned Salesforce Pardot Experts, Cyntexa works on criteria-based rules and seamlessly syncs them with other external applications. It enables the enterprises to further multiply the overall utility value of Pardot.