A Salesforce Consultant or Partner is a business entity that Salesforce has certified to take on projects, provide unique solutions, and assist you in advancing your platform. They can work with you on an hourly or contractual basis and be significantly less expensive than engaging an internal administrator (full-time employee). They believ in their abilities and will give your team the required direction and knowledge.
While selecting the right Salesforce Consulting Partner, businesses must make sure that they explore several resources from the Salesforce ecosystem and consider the following tips to find the best match:
- Start with proper research while looking for a Salesforce Consulting partner.
- Focus on the service provider having multiple Salesforce certifications. While being determined by the number of qualified specialists employed by the business, an added benefit can be the awarded consulting partnership from Salesforce.
- Shortlist the one who provides you with a drafted implementation plan while understanding your core requirements.
- Search for an economical option, but try to avoid the cheap options from the market as they can turn out to be suboptimal when it comes to quality.
- Before handling the project, ensure they have an adequate number of people to take and carry out the task assigned by you.
The significant difference between a Salesforce Developer and a Consultant is that a Salesforce Consultant is an individual knowing all aspects of technology, comprehends customer demands, and then uses the Salesforce platform to give answers and improvements to those needs further. Contrarily, a Salesforce Developer is the person that executes the client's request or later creates an SFDC application to the client's requests.
Salesforce Consultants are empowering the future of businesses in several ways as:
- They are skilled at resolving complex technical challenges and problems that can arise for businesses.
- They comprehensively assess the situation, develop the most personalized solutions, hasten execution, and limit potential pitfalls.
- Their primary goal is to improve business customer experiences by developing effective frameworks and applications with user-friendly user interfaces.