Table of Contents:
What is Salesforce Pardot?
It is an automated marketing platform by Salesforce that allows businesses and organizations to study their leads, track and engage with them through Targeted email campaigns and all the social media channels of your business.
Pardot in Latvian means “to market”.
Let us have a look at the key features of Salesforce Pardot, B2B marketing platform with examples.
- With the beautiful designs and templates available for the Email builder in Pardot,you can build a winning email content based on your target audience.
- With the help of the Variable Tags, you can personalize your email message like adding in your business contact address.
- You can create an email list for the targeted audience and also, copy this sent list for another batch.
- The email test list helps you test your email message internally before sending them out to your customers. Also, Pardot uses the Variable Tags in the test emails so that your users can also see what your prospects see.
- Auto Responder Emails are another great aspect of Pardot Email automation, where your customers get auto-responder emails for the forms or redirects or any other emails. That way, your interaction with the customers grows.
- Sending Non-marketing emails to the unsubscribed email contacts helps your business stay in touch with customers.
- A/B Testing of the email content in different versions helps us choose the most winning one depending on the email engagement data.
- Engage Alerts are real-time prospects engagement notification that gives proper insights into how the prospects engage with the products in the social media. for example, with the help of the Engage Alerts, you can filter the prospect data based on a specific region or any other criterion.
- Engage Alerts has two main components namely Column and Engagement Activity. Column is populated with the prospects list and engagement activity of the prospects appear in the column as cards.
- An excellent feature from Salesforce Pardot to boost up the speed of the sales cycle by helping both the Sales and Marketing team work together.
- Helps analyze the prospects’ digital engagements and converting them into insights for the Sales team to implement.
- Understanding the Customer engagement activity using Pardot Engage is easier now for the Sales team to understand what the customers want to see and how.
- Engage campaigns help the Sales team with access to the market-approved email templates, with curated content that meets the expectations of the customers. As a simple plug-in to Gmail, Engage Campaign helps tracking the email performance.
- Engage Reports allow you to track the performance of the campaigns and understand the market trends to boost your sales.
Lead management with nurturing & mapping
- With the help of Scoring and Grading Tools, a lead can be identified as a prospect.
- Scoring a lead is based on how well the prospect engages with the company and Grading depends on who the lead is and where the lead is from.
- With the help of the Pardot forms and form handlers, you can collect the lead information and use them to make prospects out of the leads.
- Forms can be created based on the information required to form a prospect. Pardot forms are Bot-Protected.
- You can place these forms on the landing page or any page of your website. You can also send them via emails to your customers.
Creating Pardot landing pages
- A landing page is critical for a visitor as it elicits the business in the most spectacular way. Pardot helps you create stunning landing pages with the layout templates available for you to design.
- Using content regions you can lock down areas of layout templates if you do not wish your visitors getting full access to the content.
- A/B testing of various landing pages helps you choose the right one that performs.
- The Website tracking Code helps you track the activities of your website , coining the term as ‘Cookie’ and displays the report in Pardot.
- This Tracking Code analyzes all the activities of the visitors on the website and understands the history of the visitors.
- The Tracking Code also helps us learn the Page View activity that includes, the hours spent in the pages along with date and time.
Search engine optimization
- Pardot’s SEO and Keyword Tools help to understand how well the content keywords perform.
- The tools help track the Site’s rank in Search Engines like Google and Bing for the keywords used in the business content.
- It helps the marketer to know the ranking difficulty of the keyword, the average cost per click for keywords in the case to be used in Google Adwords and search volume in Google.
- The new Competitor marketing Tool helps track the SEO rank of the competitors’ Sites.
Creates an analytics report
- It helps to get better insights into the performance of the campaigns.
- The Email marketing metrics focus on bounce rate, click-through rate, open rate and unsubscribe rate.
- Landing page metrics show the conversion rate of the forms on the landing page.
- The Lifecycle Report shows the combination of the Sales and Market data to understand the conversion of leads to customers.
How Salesforce Pardot helps with Sales Boost?
- Pardot’s campaign has a unique cookie tracking for device for each white paper download.
- Pardot forms help collecting target audience data that is essential to build a relationship with the customers. Also by using Pardot’s landing pages, the audience data is collected and segmented based on marketing campaigns.
- When the prospect is converted they track all the cookies along with media content, sniffing through websites visited, scoring and getting the leads converted. Depending upon the prospects’ actions and characteristics, the leads are nurtured. Pardot’s Scoring and Grading tools are used to understand the potential customers.
- Pardot Engage helps by providing deep insights into engagement activity of the prospects.
- Email automation marketing is easier than before with the Engagement Studio, which helps with the drip Email Campaigns
- Engagement Studio Actions helps you with managing the Prospects and your interaction with the customers.
- Engagement Studio Triggers are the actions performed by the email recipients of your campaigns. These triggers include Email Open, Email Link Click, Custom redirect, Landing pages through Forms and File Downloads. These are used as metrics to determine the email content performance for the drip email campaigns.
- Pardot Rules helps you manage the paths the recipients will take. Defining and creating these Rules will help organizing the campaigns and strategize the best campaigning tactics.
- Salesforce Org is the collection of data and every customer in Org will have their own Org id. Production Org keeps track of the customer data, used for running business. Sandbox Org helps performing multiple tests on new features before moving to production.
- With the focus on Sales Cloud, Pardot with excellent features like Lead nurturing helps the Sales team speed up their Sales lifecycle.
|1. Marketing Cloud is more viable for B2C companies. It can be attributed to the benefits of all social media channels including SMS of mobile studio.||1. Pardot is positioned as a B2B automated platform. Hence the strength lies in the areas of lead management, marketing automation, and email campaigns.|
|2. It is used by bigger brands with larger database with smaller value sales.||2. It is used by organizations with limited database with higher value sales.|
|3. Marketing cloud deals with functionalities like Advertising studio & Mobile studio, through which they create campaigns for all social media platforms.||3. The primary functionality involves only e-mail marketing. This platform provides excellent features for Email campaigns.|
|4. SFMC is customer journey orientated with mixed channels||4. The alignment of sales with greater marketing strategies for conversion is enabled by Pardot.|
|5. It is the best for 1:1 customer journey communication with access to mixed channels.||5.It is the best for marketing and sales alignment for B2B.|
|6.In Marketing Cloud, the landing pages are already mobile optimized.||6.In Pardot, with the help of custom development, the landing pages can be mobile optimized.|
|7.Marketing Cloud focuses on marketing techniques and customer engagement.||7.Pardot focuses on lead nurturing comparatively and increase the Sales speed cycle.|
Understanding B2B & B2C with Salesforce Pardot & SFMC:
- We understand clearly by now that Pardot is effective for B2B with its limited to marketing and mostly committed to Sales & Salesforce Marketing Cloud for B2C companies with its extensive features for marketing and excellent customer engagement methods.
- Pardot has an excellent lead nurture functionality, with the help of which the Sales teams can save time over lead management. Pardot features focuses Sales Cloud helping speed up the Sales lifecycle and boost sales.
- Marketing cloud works better for smaller value sales with a larger database as the brands communicate one-to-one via SMS, transactional Mobile messaging & mails and also focus on the engagement of customers throughout their journey.
Pardot or Marketing cloud:
How to choose/select one for your business?
We here at Cyntexa, have a group of experts who analyze your business and support you with implementation and strategically explain you which automation tool would suit best for your business.
You’re just a call away from understanding your customer and converting them to generate business for you.
The best of marketing is not always the tool, but also how you’re implementing it for your business.
If you’re a B2B company, then you should look forward to understand & research more about Salesforce Pardot.
Being a B2C company, the recommended marketing automation tool by experts is Marketing cloud.