Salesforce offers the Service Cloud and the Sales Cloud as standard apps that can be used depending on the requirements of the brands.
Salesforce Service Cloud:
Salesforce Service Cloud caters to the service module that focuses on Customer Service and leads to customer success with the help of its service tools.
The Service Cloud helps businesses with the help of its essential Case Management, features like ideas, questions and answers, live chat for customers and support agent interaction.
It helps in retaining customers, increasing their satisfaction and loyalty.
Business goals achieved by Service Cloud include:
- Personalized Service: Depending on the customers’ unique problems and history of preferences and complaints, their services are customized.
- Availability: Services are available round the clock for every customer.
- Multi-channel support: The customers’ needs can be met on their preferred channels, from mobile phones to laptops to tablets.
- Faster process: The customers can access all the services and data from a single console which makes it easier and faster to access services.
Features of Service Cloud:
Some of the important features of the Service Cloud include:
- Console for Service: All the cases are assigned to the agent who works on prioritizing the tasks at hand. The customers are attended to base on their previous experiences, preferences, and complaints which make their experience personalized.
- Social Customer Service: The customers can connect with the organizations on social media and their services can be delivered on the Social media platform itself. This makes it convenient for the customers also since they do not have to switch to different platforms for their work.
- Live Agent: The customers have access to online chat service where they get real-time online help with the agents at any point in time.
- Service Cloud Communities: The customers can interact with each other and discuss their issues and solve them by themselves. There are several tools available for self-service depending on the troubleshooting requirements.
Salesforce Sales Cloud:
Salesforce Sales Cloud is implemented to increase the productivity of the sales team.
It helps the business in finding leads and potential customers, closing deals faster, effective lead management, standardized quoting and pricing capabilities, providing easy access to the customer details, as well as forecasting.
It provides both account information of the customer as well as the information gathered from social media platforms. When the companies have proper information about the product as well as the customer, they can judge the potential of the Sales lead and close the sales deals faster.
Business goals achieved with the use of Sales Cloud include:
- More deals closed: With the help of the Sales Cloud, companies can get the account information as well as the product information needed for the requirements and preferences of the customers’ which makes it easier to drive more leads to closure.
- Deals closed faster: Mobile applications and visual design of the workflows for business process approvals help in closing the deals faster and increasing the efficiency.
- More deals made: The continuous optimization of campaigns depending on the market response and closure interaction with channel partners helps in getting more deals.
- Quicker decisions: The availability of reports and dashboards helps the companies understand the business scenario better and increase the accuracy of their sales forecasting. This helps them make business decisions at a quicker pace.
Key Features of the Sales Cloud include:
- Contact Management: The companies receive complete information about their customers including their previous communications, discussions, key contact numbers, and emails.
- Opportunity Management: The companies can create and change quotes in response to sales interaction and deal scenarios.
- Salesforce Engage: companies receive alerts on active leads and can create personalized campaigns.
- Lead Management: Companies can assign leads to the right people and track their campaigns.
- Reports and Dashboards: Companies can create dashboards that can be drilled down for further information.
- Sales Forecasting: Companies can get an accurate view of the sales forecasting that can be adjusted based on real-time data.
- Workflow and Approvals: The users have access to a simplified approval process and can automate any business process with the help of a visual drag and drop interface.
- Territory Management: Users can create different territory models and apply rules to them.
- Files Sync and Share: Users can find, search and share files at a faster rate which in turn helps in greater collaboration.
- Partner Management: Companies can easily connect with partners and give them a view of sales performance. They can also get help with easy onboarding, training and supporting sales partners.
- Sales Performance Management: The users can create a link between sales data and sales goals. They can also get access to performance summaries.
The Sales Cloud makes it easy for the brands to connect with their customers and helps them understand and anticipate their customers’ unique sense of needs and preferences.
This helps them deliver a seamless and efficient experience in the sales process that includes lead nurturing campaigns to intuitive deal tracking.
Features Included in Sales Cloud vs Service Cloud:
|Service Cloud Features:||Sales Cloud Features:|
|Service Entitlements||Leads, Opportunities|
|Service-level Agreements||Accounts, Contacts, Dashboards, Reports.|
|Service Cloud console||Tasks, Activities, Calendars, Events, Products, Assets, Quotes, Forecasts, Territory Management|
|Visual SLA Timelines||Visual Workflow|
|Add-On: Live Agent||Add-On: Knowledge Base|
|Omnichannel Routing||Public Knowledge & Self-service portal|
|Web-to-case||Custom Apps, Tabs, and Objects, Cases, Solutions.|
|CTI Integration||CTI Integration|
|Add-On: Live Messaging||Add-on: Service Cloud Portal|
Understanding the Major Differences:
|Service Cloud||Sales Cloud|
|The primary objective of the Salesforce Service Cloud is to make customer support as productive as possible. It permits better transparency and control for the supervisors and uncovers performance insights.||The primary objective of the Salesforce Sales Cloud is to provide a framework that can help modify the procedures, clients and the group in one place, in order to make sales more efficient.|
|A Service Cloud license does not help users to access features such as Territory Management, Quotes, Sales Contracts, Opportunity Splits, and Advanced Forecasting||A Sales Cloud license does not provide access to features like Entitlements, Work Orders, Employee Work Orders, Service Contracts, and Omni Channel|
|Service Cloud refers to the service module in Salesforce. It is designed to allow the users to support past, current, and future clients’ requests for assistance with a product, service, and billing.||Sales Cloud, on the other hand, is referred to as the sales module in Salesforce. It is designed to be a start-to-end set up for the entire sales process and helps in generating revenue.|
|Service Cloud offers to deliver faster, productive and intelligent onsite support by connecting the entire workforce.||Sales Cloud automates quoting, billing, contracting and ordering processes for faster and cleaner proposals.|
|Service Cloud provides Customer Support to the clients and gives the users access to tools that help them provide a better customer experience.||Sales Cloud focuses more on small and value-oriented mid-sized sales groups that can want to deploy Salesforce quickly and efficiently at a low cost.|
|Service Cloud revolves around Customer Service and enables a 360-degree view of the customers.||Sales Cloud helps users Streamline Workflows, automate service processes and highlight articles topics and helps in enhancing and transforming the agent experience|
The Salesforce Service and Salesforce cloud both come under three editions.
These include the Professional Edition, Enterprise Editions, and Unlimited Edition:
While the Professional Edition provides basic functionality, it allows the users to create limited customized UI pages on Visualforce, and standard automation (eg. assignment, escalation, auto-response rules).
The Enterprise Edition provides additional features, including custom automation, improved Visualforce Functionality, integration access, generally increased limits, and additional customization features.
The unlimited Edition is an extension of the Enterprise Edition and includes more storage space, premier support, more objects, increased API limits, and so on.
Some of the major differences between the Service Cloud and the Sales Cloud are limits between one of the three editions.
The Salesforce Service and Sales Cloud can cost around $75 for the Professional Edition, $150 for the Enterprise Edition, and $300 for the Unlimited Edition