Earlier they were using Eventbrite to act as a portal where students/users can register for any educational event. Eventbrite was working as middleware between their website and event registration. But there were few limitations of using EventBrite and because of which the client wanted to switch on their own Salesforce.com website to register for any event.
- Sales cloud – To keep track of leads and students who did not successfully complete the payment but visited their website for a particular event.
- Extra Processing Fee to EventBrite per ticket – With the use of Eventbrite as a middleware, it was charging its own fee per paid ticket and it was 3.5% + $1.59. It was a pain point for our client to pay this amount for each and every ticket bought on their website for training events.
We implemented the following solution to overcome the above challenges for our client
- Prospect students and Alumni Management Application – We implemented the Salesforce environment for them with the goal that they could easily store the data of a prospect including the information of specific courses they are interested in and visualize the list of people who are pursuing courses in the university. With the goal that they can target students. They likewise put away the data of Alumni alongside what they gained from us and in which specific year. We have implemented this application so that they can keep track of students, prospects, and Alumni as well.
- Implement their own force.com site for ticket registration – We implemented this by creating a force.com site for the ticket registration which saved them from paying extra amount per paid ticket to EventBrite.
- Integrated Payment gateway with force.com site – We implemented the payment gateway on their force.com site by ‘Authorize.net’. Because of this solution, their middleware fee was not completely waived off but it was reduced to a very good level.