The client wants us to implement a system in which they can have a portal where students/ users can register for any educational event. Earlier they were using EventBrite as software which was a middleware between their website and event registration. But there were few limitations of using EventBrite and because of which the client wanted to switch on their own Salesforce.com website to register for any event:
- Sales cloud – To keep track of leads and students who did not successfully complete the payment but visited on their website for a particular event.
- Extra Processing Fee to EventBrite per ticket – With the use of EventBrite as a middleware, it was charging its own fee per paid ticket and it was 3.5% + $1.59. It was a pain point for our client to pay this amount for each and every ticket paid on their website for training events.
We implemented the following solution to overcome the above challenges for our client
- Prospect students and Alumni Management Application – We implemented the environment for them with the goal that they could easily store the data of a prospect including the information of specific courses they are interested in and visualize the list of people who are pursuing courses in the university. With the goal that they can target students. They likewise put away the data of Alumni alongside what they gained from us and in which specific year. We have implemented this application so that they can keep track of students, prospects, and Alumni as well.
- Implement their own force.com site for ticket registration – We implemented this by creating a force.com site for the ticket registration which saved them from paying an extra amount per paid ticket to EventBrite.
- Integrated Payment gateway with force.com site – We implemented the payment gateway on their force.com site by ‘Authorize.net’. It did not completely finish their middleware fee but it was reduced to a very good level.