Following are the challenges which they were facing:
- Monitoring the progress: Our client is facing a challenge while Monitoring the progress of vaccination programs. It is becoming difficult for the governing authorities to keep track of the progress with multiple vaccination centers storing vast amounts of patient details and stock-related data.
- Inventory Management: Inventory Management is a big challenge that our client is facing as it is tough to keep track of all the vaccination centers and their supplies and stocks, which includes the following:
- Vaccine doses
- PPE Kits
- Logistics Management: Logistics management is a massive challenge for our client, especially in these vaccination drives, as it is difficult to keep track of the needs of each vaccination center and keep the supply distributing on time as per the requirements.
- Tracking records of people who received and who want to receive the vaccine: Keeping track of people who received the vaccine and who wish to receive the vaccine is a huge challenge as this data is essential to forecast the manufacturing, supply, and stocking of the vaccine.
- Outcome Monitoring: Outcome monitoring as a challenge means that our client, being a governing healthcare authority, wants an update about the outcomes of the people receiving the vaccine to make data-driven decisions based on community health needs and risk factors. This process needs to be fast, and the data collected in the form of outcome should be accurate.
- Managing Prescription and Medical Records: Managing Prescription and Medical records is a huge challenge. In case of any emergencies, patients are transferred from one hospital to another & their records & prescriptions also need to be shared.
- Challenge in Forecasting: Forecasting plays a crucial part in planning. That becomes a challenge for our client as the quantity of data is vast and stored in various sources in different vaccination centers. To forecast the future needs of vaccines and other supplies, it is necessary to collect all the data and store it in a single place.
- Public Health Notifications: Another challenge that our client is facing is regarding the Public health notifications which means that the governing healthcare authority has the real-time status/situation of the vaccinated people according to which alert notifications can be sent to the people and providers.
We implemented the following solution to overcome the above challenges for our client
- Monitoring the progress: We integrated Vaccine Cloud to monitor the vaccination progress with data and insights, enabling our clients to maximize their program effectiveness. With integration capabilities in Vaccine Cloud, the authority can bring data from all relevant systems together within the platform, ensuring vaccine data is managed and tracked in one place.