Table of Contents:
Salesforce is a platform that connects the entire customer journey across Sales, Service, Marketing, Commerce, and every touchpoint. It uses a cloud-based platform along with modern app development practices, analytics, AI, and secure data integration to help organizations connect to their clients in a more easy and secure manner.
A Salesforce developer works as a part of a development team and codes software or application solutions on the Salesforce platform or other parts of Salesforce cloud technology. A Salesforce developer works as a freelance developer or for companies as a Salesforce developer to develop projects on behalf of other businesses, working on development according to their needs. These solutions include new storage architecture, effective strategies to distribute across a business enterprise network, or innovative methods to create a more effective CRM workflow.
How to become a Salesforce Developer?
In order to become a Salesforce Developer, an individual has to have acquired knowledge in a basic programming language. If the individuals have acquired certifications in specific Salesforce applications, it would be an additional benefit for them.
Some of the technical skills needed to be a certified Salesforce Developer include:
- Lightning Web Components
- Application Lifestyle Management
- Object-oriented programming
- System integration
- SOQL/ SOSL
- Web Services
Apart from the specialized skills, an individual also needs to qualify for these general skills that include:
- Customer Services
The job of a Salesforce Developer may vary according to the tasks assigned by the organizations and according to the needs of the employer. Each employer is different and each employer will have unique qualifications, requirements, and manner of working when they hire a Salesforce developer. A Salesforce Developer may be hired to design and deploy software solutions via the Salesforce CRM platform. These solutions are to be used to support business functions while ensuring the organization needs of the clients. Additionally, they may be required to handle and maintain the organization’s VisualForce and AppExchange pages on the Salesforce platform.
Roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Developer
The roles and responsibilities of a Certified Developer include:
- To develop, configure, and deploy a business application using the Salesforce platform
- To maintain, create and execute VisualForce, APEX code, Salesforce incorporation, and AppExchange pages
- To administer and create the business portal as well as sustained Salesforce, Page Layouts, Recording Types, and other Salesforce incorporation
- To work hand in hand with branches to collect business necessities and identify business procedures
- To interpret end-user needs into Salesforce creation supplies
- To test and implement applications as well as, coding, configuring, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging, as well as manage timelines
- To create customer workflows, work closely with business teams, develop complex CRM solutions, and discuss trade-offs with other teams
- To maintain user roles and ensure there are no security breaches
- To provide technical plans and strategies for the IT team and other departments
- To create solutions and conduct workshops for other teams in the company to gain an insight into the needs and gaps in the system
To learn more about the job requirements and description of a Salesforce Developer, click here.
A day in the life of a Salesforce Developer
A typical day in the life of a Salesforce developer includes:
A Salesforce Developer starts his/her day with a daily meeting with the team where they discuss new ideas and how to include them in their work. They move on to develop a rough sketch of the architecture ideas which define how they would work out on the ideas or solutions discussed.
Once the architecture or the layout is finalized, the research upon how they can implement the feature on the project. They move on to code the layout decided.
Finally, the code is implemented and checked in the testing environment. If it works well, they look out for correcting the errors and make enhancements to take the idea forward.
The code cannot be developed and finalized in one go. The developer has to re-write and testing bits of code various times until they are satisfied with the outcome.
By the end of the day, they record their developments and jot down the issues they face within the whole process. These issues would be discussed the next morning along with colleagues and other associates.
Benefits of hiring a remote developer over a full-time developer
For a corporation, it is important that they hire a team of experienced developers in order to maintain their quality of work and reputation. Employers have been sceptical about hiring remote developers, questioning their level of expertise and productivity. Over the years, it has become more noticeable that remote developers can be as competent as a full-time developer as it allows companies to distribute the work among developers based on the relevant skillset and expertise. Not all organizations need a developer onsite for their work every day, and paying a full-time developer seems unnecessary. Some of the benefits of hiring remote developers include:
- Access to Global Workforce: hiring a full-time developer can be problematic due to geographical location limits. Hiring a remote developer gives companies the advantage of getting services of more skilled Developers at the same cost.
- Productivity: Remote developers are known to be more productive than regular employees who serve in a conventional office set up.
- Cost Saving: Hiring a remote developer ensures the companies can save their funds as well as get their work done according to their different needs that can be addressed by different developers with different skill sets.
- Flexible working hours for employees: Remote Developers work under a specific schedule to maintain the highest level of quality and productivity.
- New and Fresh ideas: Remote developers have to compete in the market for their work and are updated on the latest trends and technology which allows them to think out of the box and have a different outlook towards their work.
Why choose Cyntexa for hiring a Certified Salesforce Developer?
Cyntexa provides services for the Salesforce’s industry-related products that help start-ups, small and medium enterprises as well as top brands. Our team of Certified Salesforce Developers works to help companies improve their business efficiency by providing solutions through Salesforce applications. Through Cyntexa, you can hire a Certified Salesforce Developer who would strive to work solely on your project and give you complete control over the developmental process. Cyntexa provides Salesforce Platform Development that extends Salesforce services such as extensive automation, complex logic implementation, and custom solutions around Salesforce.
We provide Heroku App Development services that allow the users to create a Heroku application for their business that facilitates interaction with an external application to store and manipulate data that is synced back to the Salesforce Cloud. The Heroku App Development Services include:
We work for various industries that include real estate, education, financial services insurance, health care, marketing, communication, compliance, non-profits, computer software, e-commerce, and professional services.