Following are the challenges which they were facing:
- Appointment Management: One of the major issues was to manage the details of the appointments for each doctor in various clinics. As all the clinics have separate management systems, collecting the data from each clinic at a different location was challenging.
- Managing the Availability: Availability of doctors was managed within the individual management systems of each healthcare center, which did not provide the Healthcare governing body access to Doctor Availability, which made it difficult to assign doctors in case of emergencies. They have to reach each clinic separately to check for availability.
- Multiple Clinics use different ways to store the data, which includes:
In Case of Offline Booking
- Using sheets for storing patient details.
- Using ERP software to manage payment details in case of cash payments.
- Collecting contact details of patients in excel sheets and ERP software.
In Case of Online Booking
- Using Quickbooks for patient accounts and details.
- Storing payment and transaction details in various payment gateways used for online transactions.
- Using Twilio for calling and messaging the customers, to keep customer contact information.
- Managing Beds and ICUs: One major issue is managing the records of the number of beds, ICUs vacant and, are in use at a particular moment so that the governing healthcare body is updated in case of emergencies as Covid 19, These details were stored individually by clinics and hospitals so bringing all the data under one tree was challenging.
- Managing Prescription and Medical Records: Managing Prescription and Medical records is a huge challenge. In case of any emergencies, patients are transferred from one hospital to another & their records & prescriptions also need to be shared.
- Colossal Database: The hospitals & clinics have a vast database & syncing of data is a very long and time-consuming process that can delay important actions dependent upon the data.
- No Mobile Version: For the system, they were only having desktop view & as it is not possible for everyone to have access to a desktop at a particular time, resulting in a delay of work. So, they wanted to have a mobile view as well for the system.
We implemented the following solution to overcome the above challenges for our client
- Integration of various sources: Integrated all the offline and online data sources hospitals and clinics were working to salesforce using Mulesoft so that all the data which is getting stored in those sources comes on one platform and can be managed altogether in salesforce.